Essential HR Training for Supervisors & Managers
To be determined
$299 per person
197 Hanlon Creek Blvd, Unit 103,
8:45am – Registration
9am – Seminar promptly begins
10:30am – Break
12pm – Lunch break, light lunch is provided
3pm – Close
In today’s fast-moving world, many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with human resource issues. They may be asked to help with performance improvement plans, in handling employee concerns, or to take responsibility for disciplines or even be part of a termination. Supervisors should be aware of the best way to avoid mistakes and how to protect themselves and the company against possible litigation.
Our Human Resources professionals know that well-trained supervisors will lower an employer’s chances of being caught in a lawsuit. There is also a direct correlation between well-trained supervisors and employees who are motivated, engaged, and productive.
Supervisors and managers should be trained on a number of legal issues, including:
- Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
- Due Diligence – Document, Document, Document!
- Bill C-45 Criminal Liability to Companies and Supervisors
- Bill 132 Violence and Workplace Harassment
- Employment Standards Mini Review
- Human Rights Code
- Accessibility and Accommodation
- Enforcing the Employee Handbook
- Progressive Discipline and How to Conduct
- Handling Challenging Employees
- Conducting Effective Communication
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Motivating Employees
New supervisor training is critical but with changes in employment law and court decisions, it’s imperative for supervisors and managers to be trained regularly to keep up with changing employment laws and regulations.
- Small to medium employers
- All newly hired supervisors and managers
- All recently promoted supervisors and managers
- Managers and administrators who need an understanding of HR in the workplace
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand basic HR law and how it applies to your role within the company
- Better understand record keeping; what you should be keeping, for how long and how you should be keeping the records
- Establish and maintain employee confidentiality, building trust and loyalty
- Feel confident in the must-know legal information about hiring, firing and discipline
- Set smart policies and procedures to minimize legal trouble and maximize productivity and morale
- Help HR effectively manage personnel without fear of legal ramifications
- Diplomatic and legal ways to handle the tough and uncomfortable situations
- Develop yourself into a trusted and valuable resource
- Reduce and manage risk to the organization
This 1-Day Essential Human Resource Training for Supervisors and Managers is information-packed with real case studies and hands on techniques to help you meet the demands of front line HR.