FCC AgriSpirit Fund
The FCC AgriSpirit Fund is about enhancing rural communities. If your organization is raising money for a capital project (hospitals, medical centres, childcare facilities) and your city or town has less than 150,000 people, it may qualify for a donation between $5,000 and $25,000.
For 2017, we increased our total commitment to $1.5 million in honour of the 150th anniversary of Canada’s Confederation, giving rural Canadians even more opportunity to make positive changes in our agriculture-based communities.
If you know a registered charity, non-profit organization or a rural community that’s eligible, send them to FCCAgriSpiritFund.ca to apply. Applications are open now and close April 17.
Eligible groups include:
- Charities registered with the Canada Revenue Agency
- Non-profit organizations capable of partnering with a municipal body, territorial or provincial government. The municipal body must also agree to receive contributed money and issue a receipt in your organization’s name.
- A municipal body (town, city under 150,000 people, rural municipality or First Nations band)
To be eligible, your project must:
- Be located in a rural community with a population of fewer than 150,000
- Recognize FCC’s contribution
- Be completed within two years of receiving funding
- Be a capital project (equipment, building funds)
- Only online applications will be evaluated
- Your organization/program isn’t eligible if it’s received support from the FCC AgriSpirit Fund in the past four years
- Preference may be given to organizations that focus on agriculture
- FCC employees and their immediate family members are not eligible for the FCC AgriSpirit Fund
- If your organization is selected, you’ll need to sign a letter of agreement with FCC and show documentation of project completion
For more information on eligibility, see our FCC AgriSpirit Fund FAQs.