Annual Information Returns
Condominium corporations are now required to file annual information returns with a goal of creating a publically accessible database of information regarding condominium corporations in Ontario. The filings are broken down into two categories; one-time filings and annual filings. Corporations will also be required to file a Notice of Change when the information that was filed in a return has changed.
The CAO will be launching an online condo return filing system on March 1, 2018. More information on the return requirements and deadlines can be found here.
- Initial Return – to be filed by any corporation created on or after January 1, 2018
- Turnover Return – to be filed by any corporation that held their turnover meeting on or after January 1, 2018
- Transitional Return – to be filed by any condominium created on or before December 31, 2017.
- Annual – required to be filed by all condominiums between January 1 and March 31 of each year.
Remember, the deadline for your annual information returns is March 31st, 2018. If we can be of any assistance, please reach out to our Condominium Team at 519-822-9933, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out Part 1 of this blog series!
Latest posts by Lauren Sorbara (see all)
- It’s time to file your annual CAO return! - February 26, 2019
- What are the Changes to the Condominium Act? (Part 3) - May 18, 2018
- What are the Changes to the Condominium Act? (Part 2) - March 12, 2018