Fall is near and so are some big changes at the Guelph Humane Society!
We have been continuing to work hard to service the animals in our community as we approach our 125th anniversary!
Guelph Humane Society’s (GHS) mission is ‘to advocate for all animals, and in particular, those animals whose lives we can influence, through care, education, community support, protection, and leadership.’ We take pride in the services and Humane Education we do to support this mandate. We are a not-for-profit and we do depend on our amazing donors’ support to continue this mission.
As we move forward into our 125th year, we have taken time to reflect on our past and are revved up for what’s in store in the future!
Here are some changes that are happening at GHS:
- We have new friendly faces at GHS! Fundraising, front desk, finance, events, marketing, donor relations and animal care positions have been filled! They are geared up for the next level of GHS.
- Our wildlife program and committee have taken in over 1000 wildlife in 2018 already. We continue to service the community by helping with various wildlife needs. We are not a licensed wildlife rehabilitator; however, we work directly with different licensed rehabilitators and sanctuaries to ensure wildlife get the care they need.
- We are moving! Land has been purchased in the Hanlon Business Park (across from our friends at RLB). We are moving forward with a top of the line facility in order to elevate the quality of care provided to the animals in our community. Contact Deb Lobbezoo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and how you can get involved.
- Elevating cats in our community has been a primary goal this year. Bringing in cat licensing (and microchipping) has helped raise our ability to match lost cats with owners. We host microchipping clinics for cats and dogs. This fall we are hosting two: one on Saturday, September 15 and another is scheduled for Saturday, October 13. If you are interested in getting you cat or dog microchipped, please click here.
- Lastly, in order to celebrate our 125th year of servicing the animals in our community, we are hosting a one-time gala to help raise funds for vulnerable animals in need. The gala is themed as a “Royal Enchantment”; as we are continuing to elevate animals as “royalty” in the Guelph and surrounding areas. We invite you to join us in this celebration and purchase tickets before they sell out! Your ticket will include a cocktail hour, formal dinner, live stories, and entertainment to kick-off the dance floor! Please consider joining us, click here to purchase tickets.
We are excited for what our next 125 years will bring…thank you to the strong community that supports us every day – we can’t help all the animals we do without YOU!
Manager, Marketing and Communications
Guelph Humane Society